Welcome to Spaulding High School
Spaulding High School dining services are managed by Lexington Food Management Services. Here at SHS we offer a program that meets the needs of today’s student. Each year you will experience exciting changes, fresh menus, and new enhancements to your dining program. These changes are a result of the feedback and input of many students, parents, and staff members.
Dining Hall Information and Policies
Dear Parent or Guardian,
Lexington Food Management Services, your food service provider, is excited to be a part of your community. We look forward to preparing fun healthy choices for your student. We purchase local as much as possible and would value any opportunities you may have to enhance our program. We would love to meet you and encourage you to join your student for lunch! Please browse our website for monthly menus and other foodservice related information.
Lexington believes in choice, we all have different likes and dislikes. Your child can now choose from a variety of daily options:
- Tasters Choice- Fun and exciting student favorite foods with a twist. Rotating various ethnic cuisines with healthy options that offer options, for Vegetarians, Gluten free and lactose intolerant, while utilizing commodity foods to their fullest.
- Deli- Freshly Local Red Hen Panini bread, wraps and sandwiches, gluten free bread, to include vegetarian options and all of our favorite toppings.
- Little Italy- Assortment of Fresh Doug Pizza offered daily.
- Greens-N-Things- An extensive salad bar featuring local produce, fruits, Proteins, grains and specialty salads
- Grill- Featuring Grill specialties Grilled Ham and Swiss, Burgers, Grilled Chicken Patty Sandwiches and many other delectable.
- Chefs Choice- Main menu item for the day, featuring many of our favorite Italian meals and Mexican dishes with house made cheese sauce and salsa.
- Smoothie Bar-This is a great healthy alternative meal for the student/adult searching for a lighter meal for that day. Students will be able to dispense this fully reimbursable meal from an attractive cooling unit.
Breakfast at your schools will include:
- Assorted Cereals, Fresh Pastries, Yogurt and Fruit Cut Fruit Parfait bar with local Kingdom Creamery Yogurt, House Made Granola, Smoothies, Local Maria Bagels, Egg and other Breakfast Specialties.
Barre Unified Union School District has partnered with My MealTime , a fast, secure online service for making credit or debit card deposits and monitoring your student’s lunch account. You may also be able to make other school payments such as sports/activites fees, yearbook purchases, library fines, and more
Free and Reduced Meal Application
Download the application for free and reduced meals below.
Food Service Committee
The Food Service Committee welcomes your comments and suggestions concerning food service.
If you have any ideas about the Dining Hall or Meal Options, you may contact a committee member, drop a note in the suggestion box,email us a comment, or speak to the Food Service Director.
If you are interested in being a member of the committee contact the Food Service Director.
This is YOUR dining service and we are here to serve you! We appreciate your input and feedback to better meet your needs. You can make your voice heard through comment cards or just introduce yourself and tell us what you think.
Special Dietary Needs
If you have special dietary needs please consult with the Food Service Director. All efforts will be made to meet your special needs.
We have a wealth of resources available to our guests, including the expert guidance of a registered dietitian. Arrangements can be made for individual consultations concerning any dietary need, such as sports nutrition, weight control, food allergies, or medically prescribed diets.
Supporting Local Farms & Food
Lexington is a proud supporter of local agriculture and the Buy Local initiative.
Menus will be written seasonally with an emphasis on the use of fresh, local and regional ingredients. Our purchasing program has been developed with environmentally-sound sourcing policies in mind that include: humanely raised meat and eggs, rBGH-free dairy products, and the use of locally-grown produce.
The FSD is available to answer any nutritional or allergy-related questions. Lexington employs a full-time registered dietitian to address further concerns. The dining staff will make any reasonable accommodations for students with allergies. Identifiers are also placed in front of the meal selections to denote which allergens they may contain.